Sunday 6 January 2013

A researcher's blog on the life & music of Mieczysław Weinberg

My name is Daniel Elphick and I am a PhD student at the University of Manchester, researching the music of Mieczysław Weinberg. This blog serves as a forum to promote Weinberg's music, post links to Weinberg-related media and sites, to give news on upcoming releases and concerts and to inform readers on the progress of my own work.

My research focuses specifically on Weinberg's seventeen string quartets, but I will also be posting about his wider output and biographical information.

If you have any questions, suggestions or queries, please contact me at:

daniel.elphick@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, and am adding it to my feed. It has been very interesting so far.

    I discovered Weinberg's music a few years ago through the string quartet recordings by Quatuor Danel, and I have been haunted by him ever since.

    Good luck with your PhD studies.

    ReplyDelete